Friday, August 5, 2011

She Did This

I didn’t become what you wanted me to be, I don’t look the way you like
You run in circles to prove me wrong when this isn’t about wrong or right
I laid my wounded heart bare at your feet to show you what you did
You wouldn’t hear my words and instead you tried to make my light dim
But I won’t let you extinguish me, no matter who you are
I won’t let you quiet me because my path will go far
It’s up to you to join me on this journey that I pursue
It’s up to you to love me, this time it’s up to you

2 comments:

  1. Sweetly deep...sweetly emotional....sweetly assertive...."I won’t let you extinguish me, no matter who you are"...hmmm...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Sorry for the delay in my response! I couldn't leave comments for some reason, but I have fixed the problem! I appreciate your following my blog!

    ReplyDelete