Saturday, March 12, 2011

Steelehand

There is something about you that I fear
Will you suck me in?
Will you latch to drag me down?
I feel you're contagious
Like a widespread disease
Your eyes feel toxic
My skin turns green
With your claws in, gasping
No air, no air
Will you deflate my lungs?
Injure my life
Injure my will
I want to run from you
How can they linger?
Don't they feel your iron?
They have become immune

There is something about you that made me run
But I ran like hell
I've been steady running
Toward your twisted destination
Your suffocation made me want
When you stifled, I grew strong
Those claws, permanence desired
I tore them out and you made me run
But I ran like hell and won't look back
I sucked out your poison
Many years your hand was heavy
So many years you made me cry
But I ran like hell
And I ran like hell
Your steele is over
And all I see is gold

No comments:

Post a Comment